EEE offers developmentally appropriate lessons and activities to prepare your child for first grade so he/she can start school with confidence. This differentiated curriculum is fun and engaging with an emphasis on teaching early literacy and mathematics through a variety of activities and projects.
- engage in activities that promote reading comprehension and fluency.
- participate in multi-sensory activities that promote reading skills, including phonological awareness and phonics.
- strengthen sight-word recognition and develop vocabulary.
- discuss reactions to literature and develop an understanding of story elements such as character, setting, plot, and problem and solution.
- participate in shared reading and writing activities.
- participate in writing activities such as journaling and response to literature.
- practice writing a 5-star sentence.
- engage in explorations that promote number sense, mathematical thinking, and mathematical terms.
- develop an understanding of time, money, addition, subtraction, measurement, and place value.