Leading educational research and experience-based knowledge have been combined to create an engaging comprehensive curriculum for first grade children. First Grade Enrichment provides developmentally appropriate and engaging lessons in reading, writing and math.
- practice writing a well-constructed paragraph.
- develop an understanding of different writing styles including opinion, narrative and informative.
- engage in activities that promote reading comprehension and fluency.
- discuss reactions to literature and develop an understanding of story elements such as character, setting, plot, and problem and solution.
- engage in activities that promote reading skills, including grammar skills, parts of speech, phonics, and vocabulary development.
- participate in shared reading and writing activities.
- engage in explorations that promote number sense, mathematical thinking, and mathematical terms.
- develop an understanding of place value, expanded notation, time, money, measurement, story problems and number riddles.
Find Your Teacher to Register for a Class